We always enjoy Leitrim in the spring and for many the tourist season really kicks off when our first bank holiday of the year gets underway. Over the long weekend some of the highlights we’re aware of include;
- Ireland v England Six Nations match at Drumcoura on Saturday 16th March from 2.45 followed by live music from The Stompin’ Tumbleweeds.
- Carrick on Shannon St Patrick’s Day Parade, Sunday 17th March at 12.45
- Ballinamore St Patrick’s Day Parade, Sunday 17th March at 4pm – our local parade here at Cully and one with free entertainment afterwards too.
- Drumkeerin Leprechaun Race, Sunday 17th March at 5.30 with cash prizes for the fastest team.
- Tullaghan 4km Walk, Monday 18th March enjoy Leitrim’s coastline and spend the bank holiday enjoying some super fresh spring seaside air with activities such as face painting and The Magic Man for children too. Starting time 1.30.
It’s that one day of the year that everybody’s Irish or at least finds a way to enjoy the celebration and you can be guaranteed that in Leitrim there’ll be great ‘craic agus ceol’ (fun and music!) everywhere so get out, wear the shamrock and enjoy the day with family and friends.
Happy St Patrick’s Day from all at Cully Cottage!